by Django (2019-04-03):
- Bugfix (introduced: Postfix 3.0): LMTP connections over
UNIX-domain sockets were cached but not reused, due to a
cache lookup key mismatch. Therefore, idle cached connections
could exhaust LMTP server resources, resulting in two-second
pauses between email deliveries. This problem was investigated
by Juliana Rodrigueiro. File: smtp/smtp_connect.c.
- With message_size_limit=0 (which is NOT DOCUMENTED), BDAT
chunks were always rejected as too large. File: smtpd/smtpd.c
- Bugfix (introduced: Postfix 2.2): reject_multi_recipient_bounce
has been producing false rejects starting with the Postfix
2.2 smtpd_end_of_data_restrictons, and for the same reasons,
does the same with the Postfix 3.4 BDAT command. The latter
was reported by Andreas Schulze. File: smtpd/smtpd_check.c.
by Django (2019-03-11):
- Bitrot: LINUX5s support, after some sanity checks with a
rawhide prerelease version. Files: makedefs, util/sys_defs.h.
- Bugfix (introduced: 20181226): broken DANE trust anchor
file support, caused by left-over debris from the 20181226
TLS library overhaul. Scott Kitterman. File: tls/tls_dane.c.
- Bugfix (introduced: Postfix-1.0.1): null pointer read, while
logging a warning after a corrupted bounce log file. File:
- Bugfix (introduced: Postfix-2.9.0): null pointer read, while
logging a warning after a postscreen_command_filter read
error. File: postscreen/postscreen_smtpd.c. global/bounce_log.c
by Django (2019-03-10):
- Bugfix: in the Postfix SMTP client, TLS wrappermode was not
tested in tlsproxy mode. It needed some setup for buffering
and timeouts. Problem report by Andreas Schulze. File:
- Bugfix: a reversed test broke TLS configurations that specify
the same filename for a private key and certificate. Reported
by Mike Kazantsev. Fix by Viktor Dukhovni. Wietse fixed the
test. Files: tls/tls_certkey.c, tls/Makefile.in.
by Django (2019-01-17):
- Bugfix (introduced: 20170617): postconf(1) command segfault
if unable to open a Postfix database configuration file due
to a file permission error. Report by Andreas Hasenack, fix
by Viktor Dukhovni. File: postconf/postconf_dbms.c.
- Cleanup: Postfix did not support running as a PID=1 process,
which complicated Postfix management in containers. The
"postfix start-fg" command will now run the Postfix master
daemon as a PID=1 process if possible. Thanks to inputs
from Andreas Schulze, Eray Aslan, and Viktor Dukhovni.
Files: postfix/postfix.c, master/master.c, master/master.h,
- Bugfix (introduced: Postfix 2.11): minor memory leak when
minting issuer certs. This affects a tiny minority of use
cases. Viktor Dukhovni, based on a fix by Juan Altmayer
Pizzorno for the ssl_dane library. File: tls/tls_dane.c.
- Workaround: postconf build did not abort if the m4 command
is not installed (on a system that does have the make
command, the awk command, the perl command, and the C
compiler?!). File: postconf/extract_cfg.sh.
- Multiple 'bit rot' fixes for OpenSSL API changes, including
support to disable TLSv1.3, to avoid issuing multiple session
tickets, and to allow OpenSSL >= 1.1.0 run-time micro version
bumps without complaining about library version mismatches.
Viktor Dukhovni. Files: proto/postconf.proto,
proto/TLS_README.html, tls/tls.h, tls/tls_server.c,
- Bugfix (introduced: 3.0): smtpd_discard_ehlo_keywords could
not disable "SMTPUTF8". because the lookup table was using
"EHLO_MASK_SMTPUTF8" instead. File: global/ehlo_mask.c.
- Documentation: update documentation for Postfix versions
that support disabling TLS 1.3. File: proto/postconf.proto.
- Improved logging of TLS 1.3 summary information, and improved
reporting of the same info in Received: message headers.
Viktor Dukhovni. Files: proto/FORWARD_SECRECY_README.html,
posttls-finger/posttls-finger.c, smtpd/smtpd.c, tls/tls.h,
tls/tls_client.c, tls/tls_misc.c, tls/tls_proxy.h,
by Django (2018-10-22):
- Documentation patches by Sven Neuhaus. Files:
- Cleanup: missing mailbox seek-to-end error check in the
local(8) delivery agent. File: local/mailbox.c.
Cleanup: incorrect mailbox seek-to-end error message in the
virtual(8) delivery agent. File: virtual/mailbox.c.
- Licence: in addition to the historical IBM Public License
1.0, this software is now also distributed with the more
recent Eclipse Public License 2.0. Recipients can choose
to take the software under the license of their choice.
Those who are more comfortable with the IPL can continue
with that license. File: LICENSE.
- Cleanup: added 22 missing *_maps parameters to the default
proxy_read_maps setting. Files: global/mail_params.h.
- Bugfix (introduced: 20120117): postconf should scan only
built-in or service-defined parameters for ldap, *sql, etc.
database names. Files: postconf/postconf_user.c.
- Bugfix (introduced: 19990302): when luser_relay specifies
a non-existent local address, the luser_relay feature becomes
a black hole. Reported by JĂ¸rgen Thomsen. File: local/unknown.c.
- Bugfix (introduced: Postfix 2.8): missing tls_server_start()
error propagation in tlsproxy(8) resulting in segfault after
TLS handshake error. Found during code maintenance. File:
by Django (2017-12-28):
* Cleanup: "match_list_match: permit_mynetworks: no match" after
a SUCCESSFUL permit_mynetworks match of a client IP address was
complicating troubleshooting. The fix is to log additional
context to clarify that this "no match" condition is for
smtpd_log_access_permit_actions. File: smtpd/smtpd_check.c.
* Documentation: typos in postfix-tls-script(1) manpage.
line wrapping in postconf(1) manpage.
* Bugfix (introduced: Postfix 2.6): the Milter SMFIR_CHGFROM
(replace sender) request lost the sender_bcc_maps address.
Fixed by moving some record keeping to the sender output
function. Files: cleanup/cleanup_envelope.c,
cleanup/cleanup.h, regression tests.
* Bugfix (introduced: Postfix 2.6): the "bad filetype"
header_checks pattern falsely rejected Content-Mumble headers
with ``name="example"; x-apple-part-url="example.com"''.
Fixed by respecting the ";" separator between content
attribute values. Reported by Cedric Knight. File:
Portability: OpenBSD 6.0. Files: makedefs, util/sys_defs.h.
by Django (2015-10-10):
* The uxtext_unquote() function had the same problem as
xtext_unquote(), because one was created by copying the
other. The Postfix SMTP server uses this function to
parse input for the ORCPT parameter when the remote
SMTP client sends SMTPUTF8 mail.
* Unreported bug: Postfix smtpd_mumble_restrictions could
report an incorrect reason for failed DNS lookups. Fixed
by saving and restoring h_errno while evaluating the
result from multi-query DNS lookups.
* The COMPATIBILITY_README text and HTML files were not
by Django (2015-02-20):
- initial build for CentOS 7